View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #24
Twisties

I'm a total Noob, but we are going through this now. We got a 2019 3500 and have opted to install the puck system and bed wiring. We have parts for that coming and a B&W Companion for the Ram OEM system.

So, 1st thing: Both the Mopar Puck kit and the Mopar wiring harness are back ordered due to some sort of supplier interruption. There are apparently puck systems still around, that the dealer can pull from side warehouses or other dealers if you pay shipping. The wiring harness isn't available on that basis and isn't due until March. Our dealer gave us a list of dealers showing one in inventory, but most of these are on hold for a customer. I had to call way down the list to find one and had to pay shipping.

2nd thing: I had two Ram dealers decline to do the install, am still waiting for one RV shop 100 miles from here to get back to me, got an exorbitant price from another RV dealer, and found our only local RV service center guy has retired... eventually lined up our regular mechanic to do it for an hourly rate. It may be a lot easier to get an RV center to install whatever it that they regularly install... or do it yourself... which I was just about to do.

Anyway, I have never had an RV before, so I can't comment on if it's worth it... obviously I expect it to be... but I can say if you are heading this way, I would jump now on getting the parts and plan on some work and extra shipping $$.
Twisties is offline   Reply With Quote