View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #16
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Bart, while I appreciate the thoughts you've put into your RV park idea, there are a couple of drawbacks that have crossed my mind. Your idea of half acre lots puts you at needing 30 acres to hold 45 RV's (roads, recreation, etc) As soon as you roll that past your engineer their eyes will roll and dollar signs will appear to cover the increased cost of 50 amp service, water, and sewer. Not to mention more WIFI mini-towers. When your dirt/paving contractor sees the additional layout he'll get that same big smile. And you'll find that the work-campers you've contacted won't come because they can't mow that fast in the time allotted.
I haven't even begun to cover the price you'd have to charge for being in an area with no beach, little warm weather, and the Wal-Mart is 15 miles away.
For that kind of money, snow birders want restaurants, entertainment, water, neighbors for "happy-hour."
I know I have been putting a wet blanket on the idea. And I also know I've exaggerated a little. But maybe I have given you something to think about.
I'm just seeing what kind of interest this may generate Jim. This part of the panhandle has two large RV parks and a handful of smaller parks. One has about 100 lots and you barely have enough room to open your slides and awning. I'm not kidding, it's packed. But it stays full. The other big one has 175 lots and they are a bit larger, all in rows. He usually has 80-120 units at any given time. Prices for long term at the first one is around $450 and the other one is about the same but he is closer to the interstate and gets a lot of overnighters at $45 IIRC. the smaller parks are in various states of disrepair and they also are short term at around $38-$45 a night. More than one vehicle or more than two people will get you a price increase at any of them, What I propose to offer is something full timers could appreciate in plenty of room, space for extra cars or trailers, peace and quiet with more privacy and security. I only want 8-10 units. Enough to pay for the property and improvements over a fairly short period of time. I am full timing on a semi private lot and am happy to pay more for that option rather than be packed in like sardines at the other parks. Just seeing if any others are like minded. I tentatively was entertaining $600-$650 per unit per month for full hook ups. Not sure about wi-fi. We use unlimited data on all our devices so I have not researched that yet.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote