View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 07:53 PM   #17
Ramit

Definitely not getting a different trailer, that one is now 3 days old, and truck no time soon

That is a much lighter trailer than every dealer tried to sell us.
We stayed below all the recommended ratings

No actual Lift just a leveling kit, Yes my payload is just shy of 2500, I avoided 5th wheels for that very reason.

I may need air bags, but the Dist hitch seems to need adjusting, I contacted equalizer directly and they told me their hitch was not recommended for the max weight rating of the trailer @ 1560 lbs. They max out @ 1400, that's why I went with the OX.

Full loaded has the max tongue weight of 1560, everything is factory so they "should" have the weight correct and we are minus one option.

The sticker on the trailer was actually less than 1560.
I'll check tomorrow and see what it says on there I don't recall right now.

My truck is rated to pull, carry, haul, ccc more, but in no way did I want to come close to or above of Factory recommendations. Just because it can doesn't mean I have to or should

The stairs to me are a big deal being we ordered that particular trailer just for the ramp package or could have saved money otherwise, at this point its more principal.
Tell us before we got it hey we FD up and ordered the wrong package here is a Pizza and coupons for some accessories at our store

The big deal is the A/C issue.
Ramit is offline   Reply With Quote