View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 09:51 AM   #17
Mikendebbie

"I prefer to manually retract my four rear legs and then raise or lower LG to hitch .. I tried the auto hitch feature and don’t like the idea of rear legs being down if front needs to lift for re-hitch height"

I have been doing mine the same way - probably out of habit from hooking up RVs (fifth wheels, travel trailers and popups) for years...but also because I am not sure at what point you are supposed to press "left/right" buttons to remember the height position.

I still unhook "old-school" way. I pull into a site, chock the wheels, pull the hitch jaw lever, and manually run the front legs down until kingpin moves slightly - then drive the truck forward out and away from the unit...then push "autolevel" and let it go to town! Should I push "left/right" first before pushing "autolevel" (so that it remembers the height off of the truck)? I figured I would catch somebody setting up in a campground someday and start asking questions, and just keep doing it old-school until I got new-schooled.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote