View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 07:58 AM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Interesting Keystone would put out a system with an AC that won’t turn on at temps above 100. I’m glad I have old style switches and digital thermostat.
This is just my "guess" but probably accurate. The In-Command system is not manufactured by Keystone, but by ASA electronics, the same company that manufacturers Jensen Audio systems for RV's. They are in direct competition with Lippert and both companies "romance" the RV manufacturers with "buy our system and we'll do XXXXX"

I'd suspect that ASA rushed the In-Command system to market to "beat out Lippert" and didn't finish all the "product testing/what if" situations before shipping the package to Keystone. BOTH (ASA and Keystone) likely were unaware of the >100F issue with air conditioners.

It's likely much the same as the TAKATA airbag problems faced by all the vehicle manufacturers. It's not a Ford issue or a GM issue or a Toyota issue or a Chrysler issue or a Nissan issue. Rather, it's a sub-assembly manufacturer issue.

Granted, Keystone needs to step up to the plate and insist that their supplier fix the problem, but like Ford, they didn't build the airbag, but get dragged through the mud with TAKATA.... Same with Keystone getting dragged through the mud with ASA and the In-Command system.

Lippert did much the same to Keystone a few years ago with the "smooth front, glass touch" panels that were installed in place of manual switches in the Cougar line. That also got "blamed on Keystone" but in reality, it was Lippert who failed to properly test the technology before making promises to Keystone that would give them the sales advantage with "the newest feature to enhance customer experience".....

By the way, if you go to the In-Command website, there are updates for both the Display Commander and the Body Control units. Those software updates may address the air conditioner issues.... https://www.asaelectronics.com/incom...-globalconnect

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote