View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 06:00 AM   #12
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderOne View Post
I like the idea of using a battery isolator and having the 12V as a backup. I will put a separate outlet to near TV and entertain area that will come from an Inverter from the pair of 6 volts, that will be for TV, laptop and phone charger. And the House 12V will run LED lights and water pump, heater fan.

Question, Will a battery isolator work with a single 12v on one side and 2 6 volts on another (2 banks - my thought)?

Also yes, I will also carry a Champion 3500w Inverter/Generator Dual Fuel for Air conditioner needs or other.
To answer the isolator question yes because the out put of the 2 6 volt are 12 volts so in effect if you take the outputs it's the same as 2 12 volt batteries. To do it automatically search for "battery isolator, one alternator two batteries". Be prepared as this will cost $150+.The more economical solution is a manual disconnect...search "battery disconnect, two batteries". It will have a selector with 1,2. both. Both connects both batteries and you would need to use that to charge the batteries.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote