View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #39
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubasdad View Post
Hold it !! Hold it !!! This week Verizon has just announced a new unlimited package.
I almost stumble over myself to get to the computer to read it. Yes, a Wi-Fi
total unlimited data...no caps, no throttle, So you get there new plan &65.00 a month,
get a MiFi Jet Pack, marry up the jet pack to your Wi-Fi Router and bingo
your Roku will
now give you your Amazon, Netflicks, Spectrum, Hulu etc, anything can be streamed
with NO Restriction. So before you buy a whole bunch of fancy stuff please look into this..I will definitely will. Safe Travels
I'm not sure where you are, but that "deal on internet service" is not available in all regions. In northern Michigan, Verizon's "Above Unlimited" plan includes 75 GB/month unlimited service (with phone) after which "some slowdown during peak times may occur". As for "MIFI" limits, a "mobile hotspot" added to the plan will be allowed 20GB/month, after which the device will be throttled back to 600 MB for the duration of the billing period.

The difference between the current plan and this new "Above Unlimited" is an extra $20 a month for an extra 5GB of "mobile hot spot data". That's about one "standard definition movie" if you're burning DVD's or saving to view later. Now, if you use your phone as a "hot spot" that data increases from 22BG to 75GB, a significant increase, but once you reach that limit, your phone can be "throttled back" and may not be functional for intended purposes. So if you rely on your phone to check the thermostat/security at home, you may not be able to access that feature at the reduced speed.

Maybe your region is different, but we don't have a "true unlimited Verizon plan" in this area. Hopefully, "SOMEDAY" we'll all have "true unlimited internet availability" but for some regions, this new Verizon offering "just ain't it".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote