View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 11:38 AM   #13
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Many waxes, sealants and oxidation removers are petroleum based. Aerospace 303 is a water based polymer. The two don't mix well, so applying 303 to "freshly waxed or polished" surfaces may cause a "gunk" to form and make wiping away excess 303 a difficult/impossible task.

If you're going to apply 303 to waxed or sealed surfaces, it might be much easier to wait a week or so after application of the wax/sealant to allow it to completely dry and "outgas" all of the petroleum carrier before trying to "wipe it off with a water-based polymer. JMHO/YMMV

Brent, my bad. John is on the money and I just went through this - should have remembered. I did finally get the 303 to work OK but had to wait a week for the wax to air out. Next time I'm going to wait a month or so I figure. On this trip we are going to try to swab down the trailer every 30-60 days with the 303 to hopefully prevent the oxidation/film buildup that occurred last year. Going to try and use a flat headed, swiveling mop setup (sort of like a Swiffer) and microfiber cloths to put it on and another similar setup with dry towels to remove it (hopefully). Trying to prevent the necessity of running the buffer all over it when we get back.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote