View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #18
ken56

Hunting, fishing/boating, flying, kayaking hiking, whatever your pleasure, is it worth it? Well, camping is my pleasure and the wife and I love seeing the country and not just the tourist traps. My truck gets 9 mpg when I tow so gas is the biggest expense and I say it's still worth it. We enjoy it so I'm spending my money on what I like to do.

Quality issues are a different category because you can get a lemon car or boat or snow mobile or jet ski, anything mechanical is going to break sooner or later. Anew RV should not have those major issues but the industry is not quality driven like the automobile industry, maybe JD Power should track the RV industry. Put some pressure on them to up their game.

RV owners need to be able to fix things for themselves mostly even though warranty issues are/may be different. The issue I had with my new Laredo we bought in June of '17 was bad LED lights both inside and outside. Warranty forced me to have the dealer take care of them because I was not about to take on that expense to fix it myself, not while I had a good warranty to claim on. Now that it's out of warranty I do everything I can that it needs myself. Even that I do enjoy doing the fixes.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote