View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 07:39 PM   #17
B-O-B'03

After dropping out of high school, I bought a brand new 1972 Dodge van and tricked it out, quadraphonic stereo, shag carpet, paneling, bed in the back, etc and used it for camping.

I met the future DW the summer between her junior and senior year in high school, she liked camping too and we van camped a lot.

We got married, had a son, his first camping trip was in the van @ 6 months, had a daughter and eventually graduated to a 2 room tent.

We camped all over in that until the move up to a popup... man, no more sleeping bags at ground level, we were in heaven

After 10 years or so, the popup was showing its age, the kids were less inclined to go with us so we sold it and did not do any camping for quite a while.

Now the kids are in there 30s, I am with the prefect woman, who has put up with me for 42+ years, we have a perfect little trailer for the 2 of us, we are enjoying camping again and looking forward to retirement, where I plan on dragging the wheels off of it and will replace it with another as soon as we do.

The "kids" have become campers and enjoy going with their friends... the cycle continues.

It has definitely been worth every minute of it and I hope there are lot more minutes to come.

-Brian