Thread: Upgrades ...
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 11:12 AM   #15
denverpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
denverpilot -

I'm both amazed and impressed with how positive you have remained throughout this whole process. Most of the news you have received has been negative and your wallet will be considerable lighter when you get finished with the repair and those other "goodies".

Do you plan on keeping your signature as is? I'm talking about being a "happy 5er owner".

Ahh, too many years worrying about things I couldn't change broke me of that habit. Well, I had to make a little effort, but dad (RIP) liked to use a phrase, "Will it matter in ten years?" to assess whether something was worth getting fired up about.

I'll definitely keep the sig!

You should see the repair bills on airplanes. I wouldn't own one without co-owners to commiserate with, often over a beer. A couple of years ago we needed a piano hinge replaced that attaches the right aileron to the wing. Mechanic said it'd be $40 for parts and then a bit of labor. After finding the only place the FAA will allow to make the part, it was $930.

Either we replaced the hinge, or we had a really big expensive paperweight that could make loud noises but not fly.

Maintenance sucks but it is still necessary to get the maximum utility out of these things we own.

The joke in airplane circles goes like this:

What are the happiest two days of an airplane owner's life?

The day he buys it and the day he sells it.

Heh. Works for RVs, boats, houses, sometimes spouses...