Thread: Upgrades ...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 09:54 AM   #8
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpilot View Post
- Slide awnings/covers.
Had the dealer install them at the signing of the contract. I like them and I like the way they work. WHITE would not be my choice of color now. IF we keep camper long enough to replace them they will be black.
- Inverter for TV.
Nope havent done it and probably wont.
- Mount a TV in the bedroom.
Did that and use every night with timer on for 1 hour I have yet to see it cut off.
- Speaking of TV... Still debating on Dish in my head. Annoyed that DirecTV has NFL but doesn't do the "turn on the receiver for a few months when you need it" thing that Dish does for RVers.
We use Direct TV at home and I bought a NON HD receiver($5 extra a month) and use it only the main tv in the living room. I carry a 18" dish and tripod mounted pole and can ge the signal within 5 minutes most times i set it up.
- Go ahead and install the bedroom A/C.
Dealer installed with the signing of the contract. Was on my list if we ever bought a 5er the main thing over the slide out awning. I knew I wanted this and it has been more than wonderful in our NC/SC summer with heat and humidity.
- Auto-leveler.
LOvE it don't have it, wish I did.
- Stabilizer bars.
Steady fast installed one Saturday last year. MORE than enjoy this setup and I have not used my PIN tripod but one or two times with steadfast installed.PUT it up because it was in way.
- Built in surge suppressor/voltage cutout.
Inline version that goes in at the power pole then my 50 amps plugs into it.
- Solar
NO big deal to me as we don't boondock since we quit going to CA$HCAR races.
- Sewage hose storage tube underneath
did it for the Blue hose but now use the rhino hose and it wont fit. so it sits empty under my camper. I keep rhino in the clear plastic tub/bin in basement.
- LED marker lights
Not yet but I keep saying I am. Probably do this one myself.
- Better speakers
Not a big deal for me.
- If they offer it, I think I'd pay 'em to scrub it and then wax it with my choice of wax. :-)
I did this, this past spring at the beach campground. BUT I have hand waxed with Protect-All my front cap and most of my decals over the course of the summer.
Already done...
- Vent covers
- LED light strip on awning
- upgraded tires(Maxxis)
- New kitchen counter top, new kitchen sink(don't ask)
- New handheld cordless Dyson Vacuum for camper(the wife wanted it)
- Took two chairs out of dining area for storage and use of a Pack&Play (grandchildren)
have fun doing these mods.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote