View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 05:53 AM   #77
CWtheMan

The Federal Vehicle Certification

To view the entire document you can put; 49 CFR Part 567, in your search engine.

I mention the vehicle certification label in many of my tire posts. Lot’s of owner’s view the label as just another meaningless bit of information and others never even take the time to find it’s location on their trailer.

When the trailer manufacturer completes the building process, the final step before shipment to an owner or dealer is to verify and certify that the vehicle meets ALL federal motor vehicle standards. That’s a bold statement and not only did they make it to you, the owner, they did likewise to the DOT.

Below I have used logic to form the opinion.

On the certification label your will find the tire size and recommended cold inflation pressures to assure those tires meet the requirements of the trailer’s GAWRs. Because FMVSS are written to insure minimum standards are met, those tires and inflation pressures are the minimum requirement for that trailer. To use anything less would be a safety violation. Now, I’m just a tire researcher, what do I know, right? Well If I can figure that out, how long do you think it would take an experienced litigator to do so?