View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 02:55 AM   #3
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanA View Post
I have a 2017 Laredo model 5th wheel. We are starting to have LEDs start to dim and flicker.

I was under the impression LED lights lasted forever. Why are these lights dying? I opened light cover up and see they are a disc of LED lights, that are soldered directly to the 12v wiring. Are we not expected to replace these ourselves?

Anyone else have this issue? What are you doing to replace your LED lights that are failing?
This appears to be a common problem, as noted early on in this forum Keystone has been known to replace the lights under warrantee within the warrantee period. How much have you used your unit? The best pricing I found for replacements was Trekwood RV parts, about $14.00 each. The ones I ordered were shipped by Keystone.

A little background, our unit was hit by lightning last September and it took out most of the electronics and appliance control boards and several of the LED puck lights. The lights continue to fail so I have 2 or 3 more to replace. We winter in our unit about 6 months a year so they see plenty of use.

The replacement lights had twice the amount of LED's in them but give off the same light brightness. I think they did this to extend the life of the units.

Good luck with your replacements, they are easy to change out, you have to supply the new wire connectors.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote