View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 06:25 AM   #1
RickSprinter56

Exclamation New 2018 Keystone Residence electric problem

Just got delivered our new 2018 Residence 401MKTS on Tuesday. It is Saturday and haven’t slept in it yet as 3 outlets including the one for the refrigerator is not working. All 3 outlets are in the big slide-out. The 3 are: Behind the fridge, outlet on outside of pantry wall, and the Television outlet. They are 3 in a row. All breakers are fine, all fuses are fine, and the rv dealer is 210 miles away. The other electric component there is the fireplace (beneath the TV) that DOES WORK.
I don’t do electric. Just learned the difference between 110 and 12V. The fridge was working on delivery day, not working the next day. Everything else in this huge trailer is working!! After checking all breakers off then on, I pulled each fuse. Mostly 15amp and one fuse labeled Kitchen Slide was burnt. I replaced it but did nothing for the 3 outlets. We could move in if fridge worked. RV dealer tech said to disassemble fridge doors and pull it out and use heavy duty extension cord, while we find an electrician to troubleshoot the problem. Thoughts??
RickSprinter56 is offline   Reply With Quote