View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 05:47 AM   #17
JRTJH
Site Team

To piggyback on Freeheel4life's comments, our dealership (we bought almost 5 years ago) has a "long standing policy" that entails two trips to the dealership for extensive work and one trip for "quick repairs". If, when an owner calls with a problem, the service department can determine the extent of repair time and repair parts requisition, they will make an appointment to "verify the problem" and suggest the owner "wait around while we work the problem"... Then, if parts are needed, authorization is required or (for some other reason) the work will be delayed, things are "buttoned up" and the owner is told that they will call with another appointment once the "paperwork and parts are completed". The owner has his trailer to use while things are coordinated.

My trailer is "long past warranty" and I haven't been to the dealership for any service work since 2014, but I'm in and out for parts or just for a cup of coffee on a regular basis. The dealership waiting room almost always has one or two people sitting around, "waiting for them to check out my trailer"....

Seems to me that policy does more than just keep owners in their trailer, it helps prevent a "parking lot full of trailers that the dealer has to move to get to the one scheduled for today." I suppose there'll always be the one "disgruntled owner" who complains, "I had to drag my trailer 20 miles and they didn't do anything but look at it and sent me home." but isn't that the objective ??? (keep an owner using his trailer rather than having it sit for weeks/months: just waiting) ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote