View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
I am not familiar with the educational system in eastern Indiana but I would think that anyone with a Grade 8 education should be able to read the words "Black Tank" and "Gray Tank" - two labels applied to side of an RV. If these employees are such good and precise craftsmen, then it follows that they should be able to apply a sticker that reads "Gray Tank" in the right place. This is not rocket science and doesn't require a high school diploma to do what seems like a very simple task.

While there may some "high tech" items in today's RV, putting a sticker or label "here", doesn't require a degree in engineering. We're not buying a fine piece of hand-crafted furniture. What's so hard about putting a label in the right place?

If most of these employees are, as you say, "functionally illiterate" what does that say about the education system in that area? If they can't read simple words like "black", "gray", "front" and "rear" by the time they reach Grade 8 then something is seriously wrong with the school system. But that could be another story and one not meant for this forum.

So who's at fault here for "having so many items backwards"? The functionally illiterate employees who can't read simple labels? The employer for hiring workers who can't read or write? The employer for turning a blind eye to all the mislabeling that folks are talking about and passing on these glitches to the dealer to catch?

I'm also not sure whether this "backwardness" is as widespread as people make it out to be. Yes, there have been a number of members whose RV's have had items that have been mislabeled. Is this happening all the time, some of the time, or hardly at all? Is the quality control that bad?

Interesting discussion.

Well in their defense the handle were labeled correctly, it was the valve itself, I meant its a 50/50 chance to get it right lol. I live on the PA line, all Mennonites, so I have seen their work, and they actually welded some stuff for me. The gas tank issue was the labels. I need to order new labels from keystone, at least all the little stuff I am fixing myself.
skidooxman is offline   Reply With Quote