View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #35
TheGriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I apologize Mike. As I said, I didn't mean to hijack the thread into that topic. Just reading this thread and the problems you were having....and the solutions, were nothing I had even thought about when weighing buying a diesel. Probably wasn't a good place to interject but in the midst of all those thoughts and comments I sort of just popped it out... I doubt your situation would be anything I would have to worry about in W TX - plus we try to stay S in cold weather. Thanks for the thoughts.
Sourdough, no problem and certainly no need to apologize!!! To be quite honest, when I posted my issue, I questioned my decision to get a diesel TV. I am not looking back though, and absolutely love the torque when towing with my Duramax, an expectation that my gasser left me disappointed.

As a first time diesel pickup owner, live and learn (never too old to get schooled), when down in single digits and below, I will definitely be adding the anti-gel!!!

Daylight continues to get longer, which means camping season is getting closer!!!

Regards,
Mike

2018 Laredo 288RL Travel Trailer
2017 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab LTZ, Z-71, 6.6L Diesel
2017 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (traded)
2011 Silverado Crew Cab, 4wd Z-71, 5.3L (traded)
K9 Handler of my SAR partner and best friend Jeter!
TheGriz is offline   Reply With Quote