View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 11:55 AM   #24
mark1228

I am an RV dealership owner. RV dealers are different that car dealers in the sense that car dealers are Franchised and therefore there are certain protections and agreements contained in the franchise agreement and one of those is transient warranty work. RV dealers have no franchise protection meaning that Keystone has the right to pull any brand out of my store at any time they want. I also have the right to sell any other brands I want without advising Keystone. The RV dealer agreements are very loose and have almost no protections in place for either party which makes it impossible that Keystone "force" a dealer to do warranty work on something they did not sell. RV dealers are completely independent and make their own business decisions. A Ford dealer can't add a GM brand to his store without Fords approval for example. Keystone will NOT reduce a discount for refusal to do warranty work Keystone is all about as much volume as they can get out the door and refusal to do warranty work and a transient unit will not get in the way of that. The RV warranty relationship is this: Keystone is the paying customer for work performed in my shop. They don't allow me to make money on parts and dictate the time I get paid per job. It is much more profitable to do over the counter work than warranty work so many dealers just elect not to warranty on a unit they did not sell.
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote