Thread: No power
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 06:34 PM   #4
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat24 View Post
Hi, hoping it's an EZ fix.

I attempted to run my A/C on my 2007 Zep using my EU 2000 generator (out of desparation). It lasted about 3 min the everything shut off. Checked the breakers the trailer and they did not pop. Not sure what to check now. Is there a fuse I would have blown on the generator or in the trailer? Any help would be fantastic.
The Eu2000 has a resettable circuit breaker. Assuming you have the standard 13,500 BTU A/C the 2000 likely will not be able to "start" the compressor. When the A/C is turned on the fan will run first then the compressor will kick in after a minute or so. That startup will pull over 20 amps and probably overload the 2000's output circuit. (blew the breaker) You can try turning everything off including the fridge and the convertor. Have the 2000 running for several minutes at full speed then try the A/C again. Once the compressor starts it only pulls around 15 or so amps and the generator should hold up.
Remember the fridge is pulling amps and the convertor is pulling amps to charge the batteries and run the 12v systems.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_5642.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	434.3 KB
ID:	14098  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote