View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 04:43 AM   #40
German Shepherd Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&DZ View Post
I do agree with many of the opinions voiced on this thread with one exception. I think as the RV buying community we are too fast to let the manufacturers off the hook for the level of product quality leaving the factory. I was a manufacturing operations professional for my entire 40+ year career, including positions as GM and COO for enterprises building electronics, solar products, contract manufacturing and hydrovac excavator bodies built on class 8 chassis. I would be embarrassed (and probably fired) if I allowed my factory to deliver the level of quality which is allowed by many of the RV manufacturers. It is inexcusable regardless of cost targets and price points!

I agree but don't think we really let them off the hook, rather our choices are limited.
I used my 2018 TT this last week as a guest house for visitors. As I went to put in one of the slides I noticed that the rubber piece on the top meant to keep water out of the TT when the slide is out was coming loose from its anchorage. This TT is not even a year old, been used not as much as I would have liked, and I have already had to repair the slide motor mounts on this same slide-out, (fell off after the first use) and now re-attach the rubber seal. (after maybe 20 uses) Amazing. BUT, I at least knew that going in I would need to be "handy". I would rather not be, and my dealer would be willing to do the repairs but I can see the long line of RVs outside the shop and do not really want my TT sitting out in the weather "waiting" its turn. Plus I know the repair is done right. My point? Until someone ups the ante by offering a truly better built product, and until the buying public demands the uptick in quality, then quality will not be "job 1" and no one will be "fired" on the line because of bad construction practices. If I was betting in fact I would bet there have been guys fired for going too slow and trying to get it right on the line. That is JMO.

I really like my 26RBPR, but I do acknowledge that I have already done more "repair and maintenance" work on it than I did on both my previous TTs combined. And it is brand new.

Still await the OPs relating how his experience with his dealer and with Keystone goes in correcting what are obviously over the top problems with his new trailer.

Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote