View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #32
rjsurfer

Trust me when I say be patient and friendly with the manufacturer's customer service reps, all they hear all daylong are irate aggrivated customers. They didn't build the campers nor do they have the ability to fix them.

The same goes for dealer reps, but they do have the ability to get them fixed.��

Make sure the dealer sends detailed photos and descriptions of the problems for every issue. Customer service will NOT speak to you until the dealer sends them the information. Most dealers are lax when if comes to reporting all the problems correctly.

Make sure you have a copy of every service call, how long the camper stayed at the service center, results of service call, every phone call you made and who spoke to and how far you drove with mileage to get to service center.

Never mention lawyers! Remember there is no lemon law for trailers and 5th wheels. Their lawyers do this 24/7, any lawyer you get will be at a disadvantage. Also, take a close look at you sales agreement, I guarantee you that there is a clause that states you can't sue them, you must go through arbitration, again putting you at a disadvantage.

When contacting manufacturer be polite and understand they record all conversations so contacting the same rep each time isn't necessary but it helps if you can build a relationship with one rep. If you are not happy with the outcome, politely "plead" to get the call elevated to another level. Don't be embarrassed to "plead" your case.

Of course always keep the sales MANAGER or even better, the OWNER of the dealer informed on all issues.

This worked for me.......

Ron W.
700 watts solar
2000 watt inverter
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote