View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #31
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmanning View Post
When we all pay as much as we do for quality and get half a** work we have a right to tell everyone and should demand safety in our products. Just as we do for vehicles or any product a provider manufacturers. We must demand and speak up when we don’t feel safe. I do appreciate everyone’s comments. Thank you!

I agree with you about safety. I recently posted one section of the ANSI? safety requirements that RVIA follows for their certification as well as the RV manufacturers. But, don't confuse "safety" with shoddy workmanship - 2 very different things.

I also agree you don't have to keep quiet if you have had problems with an RV. The problem is recognizing at who's door that problem lies. Many, if not most, owners don't have any idea how the RV carousel turns and liken it to auto sales/regulations/etc. Apples and bananas. Most RVs are turned out with the expectation from the manufacturer that there will be some issues with the units; those corrections fall on the dealership it goes to. Some take that seriously and are head and shoulders above others who just pass those problems on to the unsuspecting, UNINSPECTING buyer who then may endure countless hours, days, months waiting to get all those "broken" things fixed that should have been caught...by the dealer, prior to taking possession.

So bottom line it IS sad that faulty units are produced and someone is going to get them, but that is the reality of RV manufacturing, sales and ownership. We have to do our very best due diligence up front, cross our fingers that we don't have "hidden" problems, get something that is going to work for the family and head on down the road....KNOWING full well that what you just bought could be "the one".

I'm sorry you've had so many issues and hope you get them resolved. I would encourage you to establish a CLOSE, friendly relationship with the dealership; it will be to your benefit.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote