Thread: Towing speeds
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 05:31 AM   #8
Kristi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The biggest reason (I think) to limit speed to 65MPH is because that's the max speed for ST tires. A couple of manufacturers state that you can increase 10MPH if you increase the cold pressure by 10PSI. Other manufacturers are "strangely silent" and say nothing about speeds over 65. LT tires have a different max speed, however, if you're running "Chinese maypops" it probably would be wise not to push the envelope too far by towing faster than they recommend.....

Like others have said, towing 65 vs 60 in a 7 hour day is only 35 miles further down the road.... Some may think that's critical, but for this "old retired fart" I've gone enough 35 miles further in my life without feeling the need to do it any more....

60-65 and relaxed, kinda watching the billboards to find something interesting to "take another break" is a much more relaxing trip. We'll get "there" sooner or later, no need to push it against the "weakest link's" max speed.....
Even though we aren't retired, we still keep it at 60-65. The tires are the biggest reason for us also, why borrow trouble? Besides it's vacation time, sit back & enjoy the ride.

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote