View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:45 AM   #24
Archergodwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
So you plumbed the grey into the black? Not sure why?
Also not sure why a residential toilet?
With the hard piping for your 3" drain does that mean you've bypassed the black tank & leave the drains open? If you didn't bypass the tank & leave the valve open is a recipe for a "poop pyramid" under the toilet, not a pleasant problem to cure.
Mods all look good, well executed, but now it appears not very mobile & very heavy for any lengthy travel.
I plumbed the gray into the black, because they both use the same new 3" drain line, just line your residence does.

Residential toilet, because we currently have no plans to dry camp in this rig, and after 5 years of messing with cable operated slide dump valves, which were never designed to have that many operations, I wanted some relief from trying to get a stupid design working in 20 or lower degree weather.

The main tank was bypassed, guess I did not point to that in my list, but yes.. very aware of poop stalagmites forming .. haha. So yes, that line is always open, and utilizes the original 2" vent line to the gray tank.

I 'capped' off the tanks in the method I did (threaded end caps) because I do intend to return the coach to the capability of dry camping by removing the new lines I put in, and installing 3-way valves. I would have put some in from the gitgo, but I could not find just the right ones.

A for weight, I don't believe we have exceeded the coach's original limitations. While all the equipment in the 'garage' section sound like a lot, it does have a 2000lb cargo capability.
Full-time in my Fuzion since 2011
USAF Vet. B-52G Crewchief.
Archergodwin is offline   Reply With Quote