View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 04:27 AM   #22
Archergodwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
So I assume you have no plans to move your rig, at least other than from one "permanent site" to another "permanent site"? With the tanks all capped off, permanent plumbing, installations in the garage, etc. it sort of looks like you have used an RV as a base for "building a cabin".

That's not intended to be the least bit critical! What you have done is great. And there is a bunch of useful information in your posts. Thanks for all that. I just wonder if some of the mods would work for the typical RV'er that moves from site to site or boondocks on a regular basis and considers all that as "camping" and "travel". Then there is the issue of GVWR related to moving over the highway...etc.

Anyway, thanks for the information.
We are still free to move around if we choose. More difficult? Yes. Permanent plumbing? Sort of... the piping from the new 3" drop is about 4 pieces of 3" ABS starting with a threaded elbow, a couple of straight sections a Y to accept my modified rear drain for kitchen/clothes washer and winding up with a 2' section of "RV" flexible tubing. ABS sections are connected via rubber slip joints.

When I installed the residential toilet we talked and pretty much decided that we were never going to take a 40ft triple axle rig 'boondocking'. However all the mods do not keep us from traveling.

As to the issue of GVWR going down the road, the flooring added a little weight, and for the 'toy' section, it has 2000lb cargo capability, which we are pretty close to.

You are correct in your assessment of this being a base for building a home. We are purchasing land in the next 2-3yrs around the area we are currently living. However we are still quite mobile
Full-time in my Fuzion since 2011
USAF Vet. B-52G Crewchief.
Archergodwin is offline   Reply With Quote