View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 11:23 AM   #36
GaryUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBO Cookie Monster View Post
Have you put on the scales?
The tires are load range C.

I have not taken this trailer to the scales yet, its winterized right now. To get an accurate weight it needs to be done at the start of a trip, with all the food and water in the trailer, along with the cooler, firewood, and extra water in the bed of the truck. I plan on weighing it in the spring, but I'm pretty sure its very close to, if not over the max cargo weight of the truck.

From my experience with our last trailer, a 23' hybrid, I can tell you that you will add a lot more weight to the trailer than you think possible. Our hybrid had a light weight of 3560 pounds, from the sticker that shows the actual shipping weight. Ready to camp this 23 foot trailer was 4800 pounds. We have put even more stuff in the bigger trailer.

If you go back to look at the 255SRL there should be a yellow sticker in the door jamb that shows the actual shipping weight. Ours is 7080 pounds from the factory.

You need to look up the F150 rear axle weight rating. Load the truck like it would be for towing, all passengers with normal gear and full tank of gas, and see what the rear axle weight is. This will give you a more accurate maximum pin or tongue weight.

Gary

2019 Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab
GaryUT is offline   Reply With Quote