View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #48
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBO Cookie Monster View Post
Yup. I get lost as to where I am in the thread. But the fifth wheel has an unusual amount of ccc. We won’t use it all. Or even half of it. 2067 lbs? Nope. It just is not that big, and we don’t need to pack more than a small suitcase each. Kitchen utensils, coffee maker, pots, pans, flatware, fishing pole, yada yada. 500 lbs maybe. Two ebikes on the bumper will subtract pin weight, but weigh about 150 with the rack. Real world pin weight should come in around 1700, I’m pretty convinced of it.
Hitch is 40 lbs for the Andersen, 40 lbs for the B&W goose ball that it attaches to.
Wife, Myself, Dog, camera and crackers 500
Hitch 80
King pin 1700

2280. Payload is 2450
170 lbs headroom left.
That’s 200 INSIDE the envelope.

But again, how is a payload sticker, and tow ratings “hype”? I love a great discussion, but it cannot be based on alternative facts. Is it hype if the payload numbers are on a one ton? The truck i question basically has the rear axle of a 250, extra leaf springs, different shocks, thicker frame, taller gears, nearly 500 ft lbs torque etc. Is that all hype?
I also started with an F150 but switched to an F250 Powerstroke within 1 year. When you are figuring weights, you also have to consider water, I think a gallon is 8 lbs, and also fuel, which is probably a similar weight to water. The fuel weight is 100% part of your payload. I would recommend a travel trailer and not a 5th wheel.

Enjoy your new camper, cheers!
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote