Thread: Portable Grill
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #31
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Sounds like you have lots of experience with the Weber Q's so let me ask;

I've owned Webers before but backyard grills. I initially intended to buy a Q but found it had a 12,000 btu burner. I had another brand at the time with a 12k burner and hated it so I passed on the Q and bought a Coleman NexTrip because it had 20k burners. At the time they were about the same price, now the Coleman is substantially cheaper than the Weber. It's also pretty hard to moderate the heat on the Coleman which is aggravating at times. I like the portability and the versatility with the different burner plates but I'm thinking of getting a Weber. I see most of them sitting on a table and I don't like that...I like portable but I also like good, easy to use cooking.
I find the Weber Q’s to be hot enough for steak and burgers or salmon on an alder plank and be adjustable enough to not burn chicken as it cooks a little slower. They engineered them so they don’t propagate flame when the lid is closed, unlike other brands like the one from Costco I mentioned.

I have a Weber Q OEM stand at home, but cook on a table when I’m on the road, and don’t have any issues with that.

What questions can I answer?
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote