View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 06:55 AM   #16
gearhead

We're borderline concerning length and parks. We've done Lake Livingston SP and Martin Dies SP with no problem. We have been good at all COE parks we tried. National parks...so far we have stayed outside Smokey Mtn. NP in commercial RV parks several times, and I can't express how much I dislike doing that. I've spent too much time trying to plan trips that include staying inside Nat Parks. It's just not worth the frustration for me. We have driven through Smokey Mtn. NP marking sites that we think we might be able to fit in and there aren't a lot of them. Big Bend NP is a no go except the small paved parking lot with FHU. That's why I got the cabover. But it's just for me, it's a no go for the DW.
We're at a decision point sometime just as you are. Do we downsize the 5th a little? Problem is, the smaller you go the quality seems to go down as well. Looks like the RV manufacturers assume if you want a smaller 5th wheel that you must want light weight and cheap. Closest thing I've seen is the Arctic Fox 29 5T. Big shower and has center steps with a split bath. But...dealers are scarce. But that could be an advantage of sorts. Maybe Northwoods would agree to using a repair shop you both agree on for warranty repairs. I'm just not sure how much better the Arctic Fox is than the Keystone stuff.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote