View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 04:07 AM   #25
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecat117 View Post
I currently have a keystone hideout 38 FKDS and I am looking for a way to shutoff/bypass my trailers converter/charger.
I am off the grid and I’m finding this model difficult with solar. I want to be able to use all my plugins, when I plug my trailer direct to my solar inverter I’m stuck having the trailers built in one kick on and eat up my batteries as it’s trying to charge the front one.

I have 2 265w panels, 60 amp charge controller, 6 Trojan T-105 batteries (12volt system) and 2000 pure sine wave inverter.

Currently I have the 110 trailer plug disconnected and am only running lights on my solar batteries, aside from running extension cables and power bars which isn’t ideal for me how can I set it up so I have every plug in on my solar system and and have the trailers inverter disabled without loosing any features.
Your post is confusing to me. As I read it sounds like you have a solar array and the battery bank for it is connected to the trailers battery? If this is true, then the trailer's converter is attempting to charge ALL the batteries as they would all be in the circuit. This would account for the high 12 v draw. If this is the case I would suggest using only the campers 30 amp plug and leave the converter alone and disconnect the camper battery from the solar battery bank or leave it as is and disconnect the converter. Bear in mind if you leave the solar system's batteries connected to the trailer's battery the solar charger will be charging it as well.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote