Thread: Passport 197RB
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 04:04 AM   #3
C.LeeNick

Thanks. Having purchased used RV's in the past, I'm used to working on them myself, and can usually get to a problem right away...sometimes even in the field. I guess I'm not used to waiting around to fit into other people's schedules when it comes to having work done, maybe I'm expecting too much? I'd like to hear other people's experiences with their dealers. The only people I know with late model RV's, even in other states, have griped about long wait times for repairs at dealerships, or do the work themselves. It's been suggested that for me to be really happy, I should just work on this new one myself..but darn it, we bought new (and bought an extended warranty) so I wouldn't have to!

I'm considering canceling the extended warranty/service plan. If the dealership takes this much time to do factory service, it makes me wonder what I'll experience when I take it in under the extended warranty. I really don't want to be without it for weeks every time something comes up, particularly when it's something I'm fully capable of doing myself in a relatively short time.
C.LeeNick is offline   Reply With Quote