View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:12 AM   #40
JRTJH
Site Team

Adam,

In post #35 I think your first sentence pointed directly to the style of RVing that most of us follow: The trip seems to be constantly evolving Trust me when I say that even as the trip is in progress it will evolve. When the kids in the back seat see the roadway billboard advertising "The World's Biggest Ball of Yarn" or "Free Ice Cream and Pie With Every Meal" or "CARHENGE NEXT EXIT" and you start hearing the "Dad, can we???" Remember that the journey is just as important as the destination.

If you take the attitude of "put on the blinders, to hell with what we want along the way" it will become a miserable trip for everyone. Enjoy the trip, the days on the road are not "hours to endure" but they are also a "part of the trip, so let's enjoy them too".....

Trust me when I say that "billion dollar airlines run on schedules" and you see how many flights are either "cancelled, delayed or postponed"..... If the pros can't keep on a "minute by minute schedule" why would "mere mortals" even try ??????

Enjoy your trip and plan on the unexpected. Being flexible means enjoying the trip as well as the destination.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote