View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
Hello, I am the Montana owner that had the front crack at the lower corner of my slide. The key to getting this repaired was the warranty manager at my dealer. They took lots of pictures, filed the claim and fought keystone on my behalf. keystone authorized a body shop to repair. Had it done 3 times before they finally took it back to the factory and reinforced the area. Never cracked again once they were done. Be nice, get the dealer in your corner, then follow thru with Keystone ensure they received pictures and repair request and that the follow thru with repair procedures. I got a long way by being polite and respectful. Good luck and let us know

OP - THIS is how you get it done. I think you very well may have the same kind of issue as Jason - not cosmetic, the crack says differently. As in all warranty "requests" (remember you're pleading your case to the manufacturer through the dealer) the issue will ultimately be approved or disapproved based on what the dealer (your most productive interface to Keystone) has provided as documentation. Notice Larry was dealing with a "manager" not some service writer or clerk. I have personally intervened in a situation that was an obvious warranty issue but was denied. After escalation and investigation, the documentation sent to Keystone via the "service writer" was not only wrong, but bore no resemblance to the issue that both I and the service manager agreed upon. After some "purging" a proper description was sent and the repairs were authorized. You very well may be in that position. What you have, IMO, has to be a defect...even if I don't trust Andersen hitches..
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote