View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
Ryo

Kitchen drains to black tank

Hello all. New to the forum and a new Keystone owner.

We bought a used Fusion 395 in April. The unit was basically brand new as the original owners only used it 5 times. We have loved it so far, except for one issue. The trailer has 2 bathrooms, so it has two black tanks and one grey tank. Our first trip out, we were surprised when the rear black tank was almost full after two days. Well, on the third morning my ten year old son wakes up and uses the back toilet, and when he flushed the toilet basically exploded at him because the black tank was so full. It was even more surprising when we went to dump and there was no more than 4-5 gallons of grey water to come out of the grey tank.

The next trip...same issue. So when we got home I put a hose in the kitchen sink and watched the tank levels. Low and behold, the rear black tank was filling...not the grey tank.

After several messages to Keystone on this, and the local dealer telling me that this can't be so, I finally got ahold of Keystone Owner Care today and explained the situation. I asked if the plumbing was set up wrong at the factory (which I just knew had to be it), would they stand behind the unit and help us to get it plumbed correctly? After being put on hold for about 10 minutes, the Keystone rep came back on the line and told me that it is plumbed correctly...the kitchen sink drains to the back black tank.

This seems completely crazy to me (am I the only one?). It basically makes our rear bathroom useless, as we use our kitchen sink quite a bit, and that tank fills so quickly that we cannot afford to have both the bathroom and kitchen in use. Plus, without never knowing when you have reached max capacity, when is the toilet going to start overflowing on a flush again when one of my kids use the toilet? Not to mention the idea that our kitchen sink, where we prepare our meals, is connected to a black tank!

I guess my question to everyone who reads this is... Have you experienced this with your 5th wheel? Can this truly be the way our trailer was designed, or is Keystone feeding me a line of B.S. because they don't want to hassle with it? We love our new-to-us 5th wheel, but this is going to prove to be a real pain going forward.

Sorry for the rant. Just looking for answers, advise, etc.
Ryo is offline   Reply With Quote