View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #7
rbev2308

I will tell you this based on what I got from an owner who I became fairly good friends with although I did not buy from him. The Nada values are a good starting point. Once you get your model, the low and high retail is good place to start but they look at the trade value. We quickly want to jump into all the options but like he told me, most all the options were always part of the unit that comes anyway and you cannot even get it without those options. Many dealers use this as leverage in any trade but surprise, they throw all the options in for selling purposes in an effort to make a profit. In all cases, you are always better of selling private but the issue there seems to be on units 1-4 years old where people "overpaid" for it and now customers are faced with a slightly higher interest rate, no warranty but for nearly the same amount up to 10-15% more, they can get a new one full with warranty. Dealers also will sell the new one for no less than 10% more than what they would have if no trade was involved. My parents are perfect example. They had used TT that dealer offered 14K and the new Toy Hauler was going to be $58K best deal possible. The sold it on their own for $19K and the new price amazingly was now $54K they decided on something else eventually but that was a difference of $9K. Me personally, I would try and move it private party. Use all the info online with rvtrader.com, craigslist or other dealer pricing and get what you can, you will always come out better this route. Sure the dealer will maybe give you more and make you think that but I can absolutely guarantee you will not get the newer one for no where near the price you would have if no trade involved!!!
US Navy Retired Master Chief Petty Officer
Gryphon the 240lb American Mastiff
rbev2308 is offline   Reply With Quote