View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
twvette

Generator AUX connection ... WFCO transfer switch failure

Thought one of my AC units was having issues as it sometimes would not run or struggle to run (similar symptoms as if had a bad capacitor as it would try to fire) and then finally would never come on. Long story short, found one leg of the WFCO T-57 automatic transfer switch failed as no power coming into the AC unit. Moved this AC over to the leg that my 2nd AC unit was on to get me through the trip and worked fine.

Anyways, ordered a new switch but what showed up is a T-57-R. Looks the same but there are no "AUX" connections on the terminal blocks like my T-57 has. I only have a wire going into the "Generator" block for AUX and all other AUX ("Power Cord" and "Control Panel" block) connections have nothing going to them. WFCO documentation on website does not even mention anything about having different T-57 models. I do see a T-57-P on the internet and some mention of the T-57-R being a replacement for it. Anyone know what the AUX connections do and/or if the "R" model is just the latest and somehow integrates them and if so where I now put the wire that was going to the Generator AUX connection?

I can give WFCO a call, but if nothing else wanted to document this experience.
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote