View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 07:22 PM   #31
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I would respectfully, but vehemently disagree with the notion of deflating tires to run in the rain. I don't think the idea is acceptable from any angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
A tire inflated to max sidewall pressure may be overinflated for the load carried, as such reducing the contact patch with the road! This is NOt a good idea, you want the MAXIMUM CONTACT patch, not MAXIMUM PRESSURE unless you are running with tires at maximum load. You can find load inflation tables with the tire manufacturers web sites usually.

I live in the Wet Coast, trust me on this, this is not just for wet, you should always run the correct pressure of the load!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
I agree with this also, but understand there is no mention of inflating the tire to max sidewall inflation.

The P225/65-17 on our Chevy Equinox have a max pressure of 44 psi for a capacity of 1,874# or a total of 7,496#, But the listed GVWR is only 5,070# hence the reason the tire is only inflated to 35 psi per the door post Payload sticker.
If I were to inflate to 44 psi then they would by definition be over inflated by 9 psi, or almost 26% for the application, but not the physical tire.

So I add to this another link.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiret...e.jsp?techid=1
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote