View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Same wtih us, We had the Ranger and sunlite camper. Always worried about whether the rear end was overloaded. We carried some GAWDAWFUL loads on that thing at times. It always managed to get us there and back without a hitch. As for the new one. It's a F150 FX4, we are about 200 lbs under the cargo weight with my wife, me, the dog, trailer and a few things in the bed. The truck is supposedly rated at 1680 lbs, with the trailer hitched up and ready to roll, the truck sits level, Actually, when empty, the bed sits about 2" high.

As for towing, the 6 speed tow/haul transmission seems to hunt more than I feel comfortable. In the 2011, there's a select switch to lock out any unwanted gears, on the 2010 that feature is missing. All we can do is adjust speed to keep it in one gear or downshift to 3rd and suffer the high rpm. There's no way to lock out 5th and 6th gears and go without overdrive. That's my only "issue" with the current setup, and we are looking forward to spring and getting on the road. HOWEVER, it looks like we're going to get somewhere between 6 and 15" of snow tomorrow night. sure glad we haven't taken the cover off the trailer yet LOL Ahhhhh spring, that youthtime of life...... <sigh>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote