View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 05:19 AM   #10
Laredo Tugger

We recently traded in our TT for a fifth wheel. Of course the 5er that we wanted was at a different dealer than our TT.
We were very,very happy with service from the TT dealer. From PDI to warranty work they were great.
With this new purchase I feel like a traded athlete,taking allegiance from one team to another.
I am now in a different box (for service) and must learn to navigate through a new dealers service department. Their reviews are not outstanding,but a majority of complaints were answered and resolved.
A couple of things that have worked in the past is praise and presents. Meaning I always try to get to my rig around the shop area to shake the hands of those that have worked on it and thank the service manager. Let them know you appreciate their work. They usually have a tip about something they worked on or noticed. And a few certificates from a local sandwich shop ect. can go along way if you return. Not a real expensive investment. I realize employee turnover is high in the industry, but managers tend to stay around much longer.
Yes there are a lot of nuts,bolts,materials,specs and fittings ect... involved in the equation,but you can't forget that there are people involved as well.
Yes the right dealer is key. The right relationship with that dealer just as important.
Just my take
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote