View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #42
Astroinfidel

I recently retired, and my 2008 Everest is my first RV. In July my cousin and I drove to within about 100 miles of the Arctic Ocean, on the tire - eating Dempster Highway.
See photo of my new factory supplied Firestone tire with a puncture in the sidewall.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9myt4xhpyq...owout.JPG?dl=0

Interestingly, my Tireminder TM66 didn't respond to the rapid air loss until I was almost stopped. I was alerted by the sound of the tire flapping and wasn't going more than about 30 mph, so it wasn't a big deal. We did about 800 more miles of rough and sharp gravel road with no spare for the truck and no cell service. I had expected to be able to find a replacement tire for a spare in Eagle Plains, Yukon, so we continued on. There was no tire in the required size neither there nor in Inuvik. It was a relief to get back out without any further tire issues.

The Sailuns performed flawlessly, as they have since I put them on the Everest when I bought it in the spring. I have towed about 12,000 miles with them so far, and am very impressed. And they are much less expensive than tires that are far inferior.

Dean
Astroinfidel is offline   Reply With Quote