View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #42
LHaven

Ford dealer did extensive checks on truck, repeated that truck is working within Ford specifications. Said Keystone was uninterested in collaborating towards a solution. When asked to put his trailer experts on the problem so that the issue could actually be fixed instead of ping-ponged and finger-pointed, he stated that his guys across town "work on trailers but are not trailer experts." He suggested yet another trailer expert 40 miles out, who could see me Wednesday earliest.

He stated he talked late yesterday to my Keystone dealer, who "told him that it was normal operation that the truck would not lock the trailer wheels." When I asked him how I was supposed to calibrate the controller, I got "hom tont ho." I have a call in to the RV dealer and am awaiting callback.

We drove the rig home set to high-10. Had DW do an "almost panic stop" on the deserted highway at 65. The output meter showed 10 power, and the braking seemed effective, but we had no way of telling if we were just on truck brakes or what. She says that the entire rig pulls right on a hard stop, though it stays straight on a medium-hard stop. There's no way high-10 is the proper setting for an F-250 pulling a 8800 (max) lb. 26' Cougar.

I'm contemplating whether I want to draw this out and spend even more money going to see the new techs on Wednesday, or whether I should just take everybody's word that my brakes are just fine and go on my trip.