View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 05:07 AM   #3
theasphaltrv'er

Howie...
We have an unique setup. Our docking station has no winterization valve nor a gravity fill for the FW tank, just a lever to switch for filling either the water tank or using city water + our pump is not easily accessible to add a winterization kit ( I posted pics in another thread).
My course of action is ... I set the lever to city water & first blow the lines, I bought an extra 12v pump that I hookup & pump antifreeze in thru the the city hose connection that will pump antifreeze throughout the system, including the black tank sprayer, then switch the lever to tank fill and add just enough antifreeze to the FW tank to where the inside pump picks it up to winterize it. Usually bout a half gallon, then drain remaining antifreeze out of the FW tank. Yes I add to the traps & toilet. I can winterize the whole system in about 45 minutes, 30 minutes to get setup, with about 2 gallons of antifreeze.
Come spring I pump the bleach solution in thru both systems and all is good till the next winterization.

Milo
Life is fantastic & gettin
better every day
theasphaltrv'er is offline   Reply With Quote