View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 08:07 PM   #36
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWtheMan View Post
You really need to clear something up here. Your trailer was most likely certified by Keystone to use standard LT tires. Isn’t that what’s on the trailer’s certification label?

Note: 1. A tire’s durability factor does not have anything to do with its ability to carry the maximum load listed on its sidewall. 2. The speed at which a tire can carry its maximum load is determined by its speed rating (letter), it’s a durability vs. capability thing.
Well it is a 2005, no tire certification label, just a GVWR label inside a cabinet above the sink.
It came from the factory with the 235/85-16E’s per the build sheet I got from Keystone after purchase used.
This is a fact you should be aware of tire/payload sticker was not required until 2006.
The abuse an LT tire takes on a TV is far worse than it takes on a trailer. Many blame instances of curb scuffing, potholes, and hitting bad RR crossings for blowouts on ST tires, while I try to avoid these I don’t worry when it does happen.
As to weight capacity, seeing how my LTs have a 3,042# capacity good to 106 mph, I would believe that at 65 to 70 mph they are capable of supporting more than that at the lower speeds. I don’t expect them to support any more than their rated 3,042#, in fact they are only supporting 82% of that when fully loaded with 10,000# on the two axles.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote