View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

We were in the UP several years ago with our Springdale. It was a bright, sunny day. We parked the camper, launched the boat, went out to check the "fishing holes" we always fish, about 3 miles from the boat landing, all of a sudden the sky turned dark, the wind picked up, before I could turn the boat around, we were in 5'-6' waves. I thought we were going to capsize, but I managed to keep the bow into the wind. We did test the "level flotation" and it worked. As quickly as it came up, the sky cleared, the sun came out, we were drenched, so went back to the boat ramp and walked up to the campground (about 200 yards). As we crested the hill, we found a tree on top of the Springdale. When I opened the door, there were limbs piercing the roof in several places. Where my DW's recliner sat was a limb through the roof and through the cushion on her chair.

Had we "raced to get back to the trailer for cover, no doubt she'd have been injured or worse, from that branch. Although the part of the tree that was on top of the trailer wasn't "that big" as you can see in the photos, it doesn't take a "monster tree" to total an RV.

RV's are no place to ride out bad weather !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SPRINGDALE ROOF DAMAGE1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	22048   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPRINGDALE ROOF DAMAGE2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	22049   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPRINGDALE ROOF DAMAGE3.jpg
Views:	102