View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Kettleby_Cruiser

Greetings Everyone!

Hello All!

We finally took home our new 2013 Keystone Cougar Xlite 28RBS the past Friday! The kids were so excited they slept in it all weekend.

I was pleased on how well our 2010 F150 (5.4L, 3.55, 4x4) handled some of the big hills on the 60 mile trip home and maintained a 55-60mph (tow-haul mode on all the time) speed. The Equalizer hitch was also put to the test with some big rigs passing in the opposite direction and didn't feel any sway . I also upgraded the tires to Milchelin M/S2 LT load E rated tires for added safety.

This is a huge upgrade for us as our Jayco was basically parked for 10 yrs at a park and we used the Rockwood pop-up for camping adventures in Ontario and the Atlantic Provinces. Looking forward to checking out the beautifull Western provinces and Yellowstone park some day. At a RV show in Jan a sales guy (ya I know sales guys will tell you just about anything to make a deal) told us out west the bears consider tent-trailers "bear sized zip-lock" bags...too funny but my DW wasn't laughing.

Anyway we had too many experiences setting up and tearing down the Rockwood in the rain and I kept telling myself this is part of the camping fun...well maybe too much fun, so we finally upgraded to this 32ft cooler on wheels.

Been reading the posts here since Jan 2013 and learned lots of great tips and info from seasoned RV'ers...so thank you all and its great to sign up.

...Chuck

Kettleby Cruisers
2010 F150 Lariat SCrew 4x4, 5.4L
2013 Keystone Cougar XLite 28RBS
2011 Rockwood 2317G
2000 Jayco Quest 29E
Kettleby_Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote