View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 10:19 PM   #29
John&Genny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
Thanks for the advice guys, I have looked at the NADA values for my trailer. Low retail is $17k - so I would probably expect around $13k-$14k best case on a trade-in - which is what I have seen already. After doing some research on it all, I think I will try selling privately and see how that goes. I want to list for $23k assuming I will get haggled down some but that is a reasonable starting point I think. I did have to prep my wife for the reality that we will NOT be breaking even on the trailer.

I have a to-do list though to get it ready to sell
-sand and paint frame and anything with rust on underside
-clean roof and sides and wheels of RV
-inspect and seal the roof
-as part of the sealing process, try to identify where water may have been getting into the ceiling from and fix that as well as clean up the inside

Note on the water, seems to be NO issue when raining on stationary RV, but driving 60-70 mph with heavy rain led to water in the trailer - any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!
Looks like you are on the right track for selling it privately cookin. When we sold ours it was imaculate, inside and out. That’s one of the reasons it sold so quickly. Also, we did regular maintenance and could show receipts on what was done and when.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote