Thread: Darco/Slides
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #13
Sulphur1

To think using Darco as a long term major slide wear component is laughable. Like the early cars built with bare metal inside doors - meant to last until the next model or two. The comment re positioning of tanks doesn't hold water either (excuse the pun!). - what did they do before! We travel knowing that every journey could cost an extra $10,000 to repair the weak Lippert pin box frame. It is a CHEAP & NASTY built product - Buyer Beware!
If Keystone management doesn't know of these common long term problems the company is not being well run as it has certainly paid out a lot to repair them and it's reputation (read long term viability) is going down the gurgler.
My friend's 2004 Cougar has a big worm gear driven slide that still works with no problems whereas our 2011 has Darco almost ripping up. Despite all advice from Norco the BAL wire driven main slide cannot be adjusted to be upright against the inside seals. Not much fun sitting on a slope all the time! I'm convinced the 'wear bar is in the wrong place (too far in) and the Darco never going to last long - 3 trips over 3 years for us.
So have spent over $200 & a lot of uncomfortable time installing UHMW strips - useless Darco problem fixed. Next even worse - remove slide to fit rollers. Would I buy again? - you already know the answer! Keystone / agents have probably read this already - care factor...……..
Sulphur1 is offline   Reply With Quote