Thread: Darco/Slides
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 10:13 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

Interestingly I just received a call from a director at Keystone a few minutes ago to follow up on the exact situation and what might be the solution. VERY interested, and like the other person I talked to, not really aware of the long term issue Darco posed. He also echoed the other guy in saying that they didn't really follow "post" warranty issues because that was almost impossible to do...and he is right. Just as my repairs, when done at CW, all material was bought outside Keystone and all work performed was paid for by me so Keystone has no idea what issue I had or what was done to correct it.

I was asked to provide, in detail, what the issue with the Darco was and the problems it caused, including the wear bar. He told me my concerns and the observations made about the Darco made perfect sense and he understood the issues it could cause (had no idea prior). He said they would address it immediately but said he could make no promises at the moment. The person I talked to yesterday was the head of the design team at Keystone.

As far as doing their due diligence and monitoring the competition, I spoke to that directly with him. They know about the hard surfaces others are using, but (piecing the 2 conversations together) they have chosen the BAL Accuslide thinking it is a better solution for them vs the rams etc. I think (this was not said) that the BAL design requires the wear bar with the suspension system and not a lot of thought has been given to the material on the bottom of the slide due to that "suspension" and thinking all was good. That combined with the inability to track post warranty repairs can understandably leave upper management "in the dark" so to speak, especially when all dealerships aren't "Keystone owned" vs independent dealers leaving Keystone only able to track warranty work that has to be authorized by them.

Lots of reasons to be cynical, and I am one of the worst in the world, but these 2 folks seemed genuinely concerned and caught off guard with the Darco issue. Lying? Putting up a good front? Maybe. The willingness of the first individual to take the issue to a director level and then for them to call me tells me they didn't just blow it off....and I've done lots of this, trust me. In this case I'm not going to be cynical and give them the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best. Time will tell, and I may be in a different brand of trailer one day but for now I'm pleased they showed the interest, elevated it to the level they did and said they will take action.

Edit: Yes, our bedroom slide has rollers as well and is something I discussed with them as a possible solution.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote