View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #22
DaleB

RickR,
I have a 2011 CourgerSAB318 and Yes the spare tire bolted from the factory with the bike rack in the extended position can definatly bottom out. I know it happened to me. I was pulling out a parking lot on to a side road after leaving a resturant in Kentucky and was going up a steep grade. That night some 3 hours latter when we stopped for the night I noticed that the tire was hanging on by just the 1 bolt as when the tire bottomed out the bracket bent and actually saved the tire from being damaged. I am now in the process of installing the tire underneath the trailer. I have the frame all welded up and ordered a tire winch from Lippert. It looks great and after I get it painted I will install it. Also I have redone the bike rack and have installed an Aluminum truck tool box that holds all my electrical and water hoses and fittings along with an Outboard motor for my inflatable boat. I am glad I got the spare off of the back because that weighs about 60-70 pounds and that pull out rack is only rated at 200 lbs.
DaleB is offline   Reply With Quote